The purpose of this article is to instruct users on how to save an email as a file which can then later be used as an attachment to a new email. This process is helpful for email related issues when using Gearbox.
Saving an email as a file on Outlook
- Double-click to open the message you want to save, and on the File menu, click Save As.
- In the Save as dialog box, in the Folder pane, choose a folder, and then the location in that selected folder where you want to save the file.
- In the File name box, type a name for the file.
- In the Save as type list, accept the default type, or choose another file type in the list.
For further information on Outlook click here.
Saving an email as a file on Gmail
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- Open the email.
- Click More More
- Click Download message.
For further information on Gmail click here.
If you require further assistance please contact Gearbox Support.