This article assumes there are existing Open Fault Reports in your system.
Click the ‘Repairs’ (1) option in the sidebar or click the ‘Maintenance’ (2) dropdown and select ‘Repairs’ (3):
Click the ‘Fault Reports’ (1) button:
Find the Fault Report you wish to action in the table and click it:
You have several actions you can take on the Fault Report:
The tables below only show open items. There must be an open Tyre or Repair to append or link.
– Create new Repair and Repair Item
– Link to an existing Repair
– Append to an existing Repair (i.e. add new Repair Item to existing Repair)
– Create new Tyre and Tyre Item
– Link to an existing Tyre
– Append to an existing Tyre (i.e. add new Tyre Item to existing Tyre)
– Create new Non-Conformance
– Link to existing Non-Conformance
After one of the above actions has been taken, returning to the Fault Report presents you with the information regarding the action taken:
If you opted to create, link or append to an item then it will display a clickable link to this item. Clicking it takes you to the related item.
Depending on your user-permissions in the Maintenance module you will also be able to reopen a Fault Report. Reopening a Fault Report will not remove any newly created, linked or appended items, these must manually be deleted if they are no longer required.